|Google Images: 123rf.com|
To whom do you say thank you? And about what do you think a silent thank you? If you are trying to cultivate an attitude of gratitude it's important to remember the everyday things that have the potential to bring joy to your day, if only you choose to notice them. There are freebies all around you, all day long. You can choose to be thankful for:
- A beautiful sunrise or sunset
- The sound of your favorite song on the radio
- A gift of a sweetly drawn picture from your child or grandchild, niece or nephew
- A helpful neighbor who keeps your trash cans from blowing down the street
- A particularly delicious slice of pie
- The coziness of your comfy sweater
- A good hair day
- The friend who calls you just when you need to talk to somebody
It's said that most salespersons drive past more business than they will ever do. A similar thing is true of you and the things in your life for which you can be grateful. They pass your notice because you are used to them being there. Not everyone takes them for granted, and perhaps the ability to do so is the biggest thing of all for which you can be thankful.
What are you doing right now as you are reading this? Are you sitting in a comfortable chair? Are you wearing your favorite shoes? Are you sipping hot coffee or tea, prepared just the way you like them? Stop, and say thank you. No matter what else you want, or how much you think you need, you already have a lot right now.